Refund & Cancellation Policy
- You must pay a non-refundable deposit of 30% within 7 working days of the initial reservation being confirmed in writing by My Favourite Cottages Ltd. My Favourite Cottages Ltd will refund the deposit, less the booking fee and a £25 administration charge if the booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the booking otherwise the deposit is non-refundable.
- My Favourite Cottages Ltd. charge a booking fee, which is applied at the time of the booking. This is to cover the administration and processing of each booking. The booking fee is non-refundable.
- The balance of the fee must be paid no less than 8 weeks prior to your arrival date. On receipt of the balance, full details of key collection arrangements and directions to the property will be sent.
- In the case of bookings made within 8 weeks of the commencement of the holiday the full amount must be paid at the point of booking and is non-refundable.
- Payments can be made by cheque, credit/debit cards or bank transfer made payable to our My Favourite Cottages.
- Any deposit/balance payments made by debit/credit cards will be debited from the bookers account at the time of making payment or within two hours.
- For international guests, we can accept international bank transfers for which transaction charges will be e-charged to and paid by the booker at cost.
- Security Deposits. In normal circumstances, all security deposits will be refunded within 7 working days of the contracted date of departure unless damage to the property and/or its fixtures and fittings have been reported or discovered by us within 48 hours of your departure or by the time new guests arrive, whichever is the sooner.
- In the event of loss or damage being discovered we reserve the right to deduct an amount equal to the cost of repairing, replacing or making good the loss/damage from the Security Deposit and will refund the balance. In the event that the costs incurred exceed the value of the Security Deposit the booker agrees to reimburse the owner with the balance outstanding. Please note that small items such as glasses or cups, coasters etc tend not be charged for.
- All deposit payments are non – refundable.
- All balance payments paid 8 weeks before the start of the holiday are non-refundable. If a booker pays the balance early, (before the 8-weeks) and needs to cancel then any balance paid is refundable.
- If the property booked has a security deposit, this will be refunded after 7 working days.
- When a cancellation takes place more than 8 weeks before arrival, any payment received less the 30% deposit paid, the booking fee, any commission and a £25 plus VAT admin charge, will be returned. If a cancellation is made within 8 weeks of arrival, then no refund will be due.
- We recommend and expect that guests will have or will take out a holiday insurance policy (which includes cancellation insurance covering sickness and unavoidable reasons for cancellation) prior to their stay.