England's Roadmap - key dates for holiday cottages
Currently there are no restrictions on holidays within self-catering properties in England. We will update this page should this change.
Scotland's Roadmap - key dates for holiday cottages
Like in England, Scotland currently has no legal restrictions on holidays in holiday cottages.
If your booking falls within the government lockdown, we will move your dates or offer a refund.
If your booking falls outside of the government lockdown, your holiday will proceed as normal.
If you still want to cancel your booking outside of lockdown then the normal terms of the cancellation policy will apply.
Changes to bookings
The following will apply to most, but not all, properties. Please contact us if you would like more information.
We are delighted to re-open our doors, however, the travel industry is a long way off getting back to normal, and the safety of our guests and housekeepers is our top priority. To this effect, there will be some changes to our normal operation so that the property can be thoroughly cleaned between guests, and cleaned as safely as possible.
- The normal arrival and departure times have been pushed an hour in each direction to allow for extra cleaning. Your arrival time will be 5pm unless stated otherwise within your cottage's directions and access information.
- In most cases we have changed the balance due date to be 4 weeks prior to your stay instead of the usual 8 weeks. Please refer to your booking correspondance for more information.
- You are more than welcome to bring your own bedding and towels etc, but we would ask that you let us know beforehand so that we do not make beds up only for you to have to strip them down again.
- The property may be lacking some of the soft furnishings, games, welcome packs and entertainment equipment that we are normally proud to have for guests, so please bring your own board games etc if you desire.
- Prior to staying at the holiday cottages guests over the age of 16 are required to provide their contact details for NHS Test and Trace.
- Your departure time will be 1 hour earlier than the time stated in your directions and access email. Your departure time will be 9am.
- All bedding and towels are to be bagged in bin-bags
- All bins to be emptied into bin-bags and placed in the location designated in your welcome pack.
- If the above cleaning requirements are not met then we reserve the right to deduct £50 from any security deposit as this will severely affect our cleaning times.
- If you or a member of your party is showing any symptoms of Covid-19, or you have been in contact with anyone who is - then you must not travel to the property. In almost all cases this should be covered by your travel insurance, but if not please speak to a member of our team.
- If anyone develops symptoms while on holiday, the entire party must return to their respective primary residences immediately.
- While we are doing everything possible to limit the chance of infection, we cannot be held liable should anyone fall ill on holiday.
- To ensure everyone’s safety, we reserve the right to cancel your stay at any point. This is unlikely, but, if this happens you will be fully refunded.