Terms and Conditions of Booking
My Favourite Cottages
Please note that these Terms and Conditions may vary between properties - please see the property specific Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
(MFC on behalf of The holiday cottage owner) and (you/the booker)
Contract of Booking
- My Favourite Cottages LTD (MFC) act only as agents on behalf of the owners of the accommodation (Owners).
- This contract of hire is between you (the booker) and the Owners.
- The Booker is the person who accepts this contract on behalf of themselves and all persons staying at or visiting the property during the period of this booking. Acceptance will be deemed to have occurred within 24 hours of having made a provisional booking or payment unless an objection to any of the terms has been sent and acknowledged by the owner.
- Bookings are valid once confirmed in writing by MFC.
- The use of the accommodation and facilities are entirely at your own risk and no responsibility will be accepted for injury, loss or damages to the user, their belongings or their motor vehicles.
- The Rental confers upon the Booker the right to occupy for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 Paragraph 9 and the Booker acknowledge that the rental granted by this Agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise.
- You must pay a non-refundable deposit of 30% to secure a booking. MFC will refund the deposit, less the booking fee and a £25 administration charge if the booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the booking, otherwise the deposit is non-refundable. MFC will confirm in writing once the deposit has been paid.
- MFC charges a small booking fee as detailed at the time of booking. This fee is to be paid with the deposit. This is to cover the bank fees, administration and processing of each booking. The booking fee is non-refundable.
- The balance of the booking must be paid no less than 8 weeks prior to your arrival date. On receipt of the balance, full details of key collection arrangements and directions to the property will be sent.
- In the case of bookings made within 8 weeks of the commencement of the holiday the full amount must be paid at the point of booking and is non-refundable.
- For international guests, we can accept international bank transfers for which transaction charges will be e-charged to and paid by the booker at cost.
Refundable Security Deposits
- Where applicable, all security deposits will be refunded within 7 working days of the contracted date of departure unless damage to the property and/or its fixtures and fittings have been reported or discovered.
- In the event of loss, or damage being discovered the owner reserves the right to deduct an amount equal to the cost of repairing, replacing or making good the loss/damage from the Security Deposit. MFC will refund the remaining amount. In the event that the costs incurred exceed the value of the Security Deposit the booker agrees to reimburse the owner with the balance outstanding.
- Refunds of security deposits will be processed by bank transfer or returned to the debit/credit card used by the booker to pay. In the case of refunding the security deposit via bank transfer the booker must provide bank details in order for this to take place.
- MFC reserves the right to increase or add a refundable security deposit for non-standard bookings including but not limited to: same-sex parties, additional pets or younger parties.
- All deposit payments and booking fees are non-refundable after the 48 hour cooling off period. In some cases if the holiday dates are re-let then the deposit will be refunded, we reserve the right to hold a small admin fee to cover the extra administration incurred.
- All balance payments paid 8 weeks before the start of the holiday are non-refundable. If a booker pays the balance early, (before the 8-weeks) and needs to cancel then any balance payment is refundable.
- If the property booked has a security deposit, this will be refunded after 7 working days. If possible, these refunds will be returned to the payment card. If the payment card is no longer valid then please let us know as soon as possible so that the refund can be sent via bank transfer, the booker must provide bank details in order for this to take place.
- We recommend and expect that guests will have or will take out a holiday insurance policy (which includes cancellation insurance covering sickness and unavoidable reasons for cancellation) prior to their stay.
- The booker’s right to occupy the property may be forfeit if any of the following responsibilities are not met.
- The booker will endeavour to leave the property and contents in the same state of order and cleanliness as it was found at the commencement of the holiday.
- The booker must declare to MFC prior to the arrival date or at the time of booking the number of guests and pets to attend the property.
- The number of persons stipulated for each property on our website, advertisements or literature published by us must not be exceeded without written permission from the Owner or MFC.
- Overnight guests to the property are not permitted without express written permission by the Owner or MFC
- The lead booker must be over 18 years of age and a member of the party occupying the property.
- The lead booker has agreed that they act as principal and have absolute liability for all the members of the party at all times.
- Bookings may only be accepted from all male or all female parties by prior arrangement before the booking is confirmed.
- Bookers shall not participate in any activity which is illegal, or may cause unnecessary damage, noise or disturbance.
- Bookers shall not smoke in the property or use any products that would affect the property after departure.
- Health & Mobility: The property summary details aim to give accurate descriptions of the properties. Should there be any specific health or mobility difficulties which may affect a party member, we request that this is pointed out at the initial reservation stage, so the suitability of the property can be established.
- Rural Life and Safety: MFC accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with the suitability or unsuitability of the property for the booker and/or the persons resident at the property in accordance with this booking. The renter accepts that the property is situated in a rural area and is affected by local country pursuits, including but not limited to animal noise, grass cutting and ancillary agricultural noise which may be experienced. The existence of natural flora and fauna at the property means that insects and other wildlife are not uncommon, and the booker and those persons listed on the owners booking information sheet acknowledge the rural nature of the property.
- MFC cannot be held responsible for any limitations placed on the booking due to adverse weather conditions which may affect travel to and from the property.
Animals and Pets policy
When dogs are accepted at the property bookers agree to comply with the dog’s policy set out below:
- To bring no additional dogs than stated when booking the property.
- Dogs are not allowed into the bedrooms, or onto any furniture.
- Bookers will be responsible for ensuring that animals are not left alone or unattended in the property and/or its grounds.
- When in the property, dogs will be restrained by the bookers from persistent barking, fouling the room, chewing/scratching the furnishings or getting on the furniture.
- Bookers are expected to organise sleeping and feeding arrangements for the animal.
- In the interest of keeping the gardens as clean and tidy as possible, bookers are expected to clean up any mess made by the animal.
- Bookers will bring their own towels to clean the dogs with and not use towels supplied by the property.
- Bookers will provide their own dishes for the dog to eat and drink from.
- Bookers will settle costs for any damages that the dog causes which damages the property or stops the property being re-let.
- If for any reason the above are not adhered to the bookers agree that the animal will be placed in kennels or the holiday terminated without compensation.
- The number of dogs permitted at a property will be discussed with you at the time of booking along with the charge for bringing a dog.
Arrival and Departure times
- Your arrival time will be given to you at the time of booking or when paying the balance, please do not arrive before the stated arrival time unless agreed otherwise by the owners or My Favourite Cottages.
- Your departure time will also be provided at the time of booking and in the directions and access email. You must depart by the given time on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed with the owners or My Favourite Cottages.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any items you leave behind in the property after your holiday, but if you contact My Favourite Cottages they will notify the owner and endeavour to locate the lost item(s).
- If lost property is found, MFC will inform you and agree on the means in which to return it. Any unclaimed items will be disposed of after two weeks.
You agree to
- Take reasonable care of the property and ensure that the property and all equipment are left clean. The booker agrees to reimburse the owner for any extra cleaning costs required. Where applicable, the owners reserve the right to deduct any extra cleaning costs from any security deposit paid or recharge the costs to the booker.
- Pay for any losses or damages to the property.
- Not to smoke or allow others to smoke inside the property.
- Not charge an electric car, bike or other electric vehicle unless a charger is included with the property or expressly permitted by the owner. This is due to fire risk. Use of a car charger without permission may incur a fee.
- Pay for any optional extras at the rate stated on the website.
- NOT exceed the total number of persons in the property as stated in the details, or share the property, or part with possession of the property, unless previously agreed with owner.
- To dispose of household waste in accordance with our waste disposal requirements. These are explained in the property directory which you will find on arrival.
- Grant the Owners and/or their Agents the right to access the property at any time during occupancy after reasonable notice has been given.
It is mutually agreed that:
- Should the property, for reasons beyond our control (e.g. fire, theft, sale etc), not be available on the date booked or the property is not available for holiday letting, all rent, and any charges paid in full by you to us will be refunded in full. You accept that you will have no further claim against MFC or the owner.
- MFC accepts no liability for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense, or inconvenience whether to person or property which you or any persons may suffer or incur that arises out of the rental or is in any way connected with the rental.
- MFC cannot accept a change of holiday property or details to a booking once the deposit has been received. However, occasionally we can accept an alteration of dates, notwithstanding any obligations incurred if a change of dates is requested within less than 8 weeks of a booker’s arrival date. Where any changes are made to a booking including dates, party size or additional pets, are made, a minimum administrative fee of £25 plus VAT if applicable will be charged.
- The Owners aim to ensure that information is accurately conveyed on the website. Any changes to the property and its facilities will be notified to you as reasonably practicable. We cannot accept responsibility for any changes or claims to the area amenities mentioned on our website.
- Any complaints must be notified in the first instance to My Favourite Cottages immediately so that they can investigate the circumstances and take any necessary action. In no circumstances can compensation be made for any complaints that are made after the date of departure, or where you have denied or prevented us the owners or our agents, My Favourite Cottages the opportunity to try to put matters right during your stay.
- Damage - Occasionally accidents do happen, and any losses must be paid for. The property will be checked and cleaned before arrival but if you have any difficulties please contact My Favourite Cottages Ltd. Should you find on arrival any damage or non-working items you will notify My Favourite Cottages Ltd or the owner immediately so that matters can be rectified.
- Any unresolved disputes can be referred to the jurisdiction of the English Court only and will be governed by English Law.
- The availability of any Wi-Fi service in the property is not guaranteed. In the event that Wi-Fi is available in the property, the booker agrees not to use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
- Are defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;
- Contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
- Contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
- Contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
- Contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights);
- In our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our business;
- Involves downloading, altering, e-mailing and distributing copyrighted content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you
- Constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence or is otherwise unlawful or inappropriate, either in the United Kingdom or in any state throughout the world.
- The booker agrees to compensate the owners fully for any claims or legal action made or threatened against the owners by someone else because the booker has used the service in breach of these Wi-Fi usage terms and conditions.